Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Chapter 5


1.       A former high school classmates of yours who has returned to China emails you that he has been offered a part-time job monitoring a Chinese Web site and posting comments favorable to the government. How would you respond?
Answer:
                First, I will ask him if there are other jobs that is offered to him but in a nice way. Though I don’t know the ways on how the government of China holds their country but as a Filipino I have already insights and I have although not all but I have an enough knowledge about government. So, what if, the people of China really has a point of commenting their complaints in the website where my friend plan to take a job? It will be unfair for the people of China. For me, none of the existing government in the world is perfect, the people who works in government though they said and look innocent will soon be part of those people in the government who does anomalies. For my friend, I will also ask him/her if it’s okay to him/her.

2.       Your 15-year-old nephew exclaims “Oh wow!” and proceeds to tell you about a very revealing photo attachment he just received in a text message from his 14-year-old girlfriend of three months. He can’t wait to forward the message to others in his school. What would you say to your nephew? Are further steps needed besides a discussion on sexting?
Answer:
                For their age, I will be disappointed for what his doing, especially of having girlfriend the very young age because there is nothing good with having such thing at young age. I will said to him that it is not good and there will be a possibility of having conflict not just between him and her girlfriend but also with his family especially his reputation in the school. I will explain to my nephew that it’s not good and I will also explain to him the possible effects.
               
3.       A college friend of yours approaches you about an idea to start a PR firm that would specialize in monitoring the internet for “bad PR” about a company and “fixing” it. One tactic the firm would use is to threaten negative posters with a libel lawsuit unless they remove their posting. Should that fail, the PR firm will generate dozens of positive postings to outweigh the negative posting. What would you say to your friend about her idea?
Answer:
                The idea is really great and good but I think it would not be enough. People all around the world are different, in actions, attitudes and even their beliefs in life. Speaking of threatening those negative posters in some other way or shall I say in the other side, only few people can be threaten and I guess as few as few because what if those people who posted negative in the internet are wise and in our current generation most of people uses internet are more than a professional that can hack or even crack software. Those people cannot be threaten easily. But the idea of generating dozens of positive postings to outweigh those negative postings are somehow okay.




4.       You are the computer technical resource for country’s public library system. The library is making plans to install Internet filtering software so that it will conform to the Children’s Internet Protection Act and be eligible for federal funding. What sort of objections can you expect regarding implementation of Internet filters? How might you deal with such objections?
Answer:
                In the situation, there will really objections especially with the students. To deal with such objection, I will request the president of the school to call for a forum to inform the students about the internet filtering in the library. And I will explains its importance and reliability and it’s for their own good and protection. Then at the end of the discussion, I will look for their suggestions or maybe comment and objections. It is already expected that many students will objects to implement this but it is important.
               
5.       Imagine that you receive a hate email at your school or job. What would you do? Does your school or workplace have a policy that covers such issues?
Answer:
                For me, it really depends on what hate email is sent to me, if it is not that important then I will just ignore it but if it is too personal and it really threatens me then that would be the time that I will do such actions. I don’t really know if our school has a policy that cover such issue.
               
6.       A coworker confides to you that he is going to begin sending emails to your employer’s internal corporate blog site, which serves as a suggestion box. He plans to use an anonymous remailer and sign the messages “Anonymous,” Your friend is afraid of retribution from superiors but wishes to call attention to instances of racial and sexual discrimination observed during his five years as an employee with the firm. What would you say to your friend?
Answer:
I will said to her/him that it’s okay as long as he/she doesn’t have a bad intention of doing such thing. And I’ll tell her that I do understand that it is a part of anonymous expression, because he/she is afraid of retribution. Anonymous expression is part of Freedom of Expression and everyone has the right to express what they want in any ways but they should know their limitations.














No comments:

Post a Comment