Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chapter 6                                             INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
1.       You have procrastinated too long and now your final paper for your Junior English course is due in just five days – right in the middle of final exam week! The paper counts for half your grade for the term and would probably take you at least 20 hours to research and write. Your roommate, an English major with a 3.8 GPA, has suggested two options (1) He will write an original paper for you for $ 100, or (2) he will show you two of three “paper mills” Web sites, from which you can download a paper for less than $35. You want to do the right thing, but writing the paper will take away from the time you have available to study for your final exam in three other courses. What would you do?
Answer:
                When I’m in that case, I’ll go for option number 2 rather than asking my roommate to do my papers. I’m choosing no. 2 because my paper is important because it counts for half of my grade for the term. If I let my roommate to make it, probability will be: I will be graded a low score for my paper which will lead to a failure grade for the term. So, even if it is wrong in the other side but I have no other choice but to download papers from websites but anyways, I will not stick to the papers overall idea, I can add it some of my ideas and I’ll make sure I’ll site a source for it.


2.       You are beginning to feel very uncomfortable in your new position as a computer hardware salesperson for a firm that is the major competitor of your previous employer. Today for the second time, someone has mentioned to you how valuable it would be to know what the marketing and new product development plans were of your ex-employer. You stated that you are unable to discuss such information under the nondisclosure contract signed with your former employer, but you know your response did not satisfy your new coworkers. You fear that the pressure to reveal information about the plans of your former company is only going to increase over the next few weeks. What do you do?
Answer:
                Whatever happens, I will not discuss anything about the marketing and product development of my former employer because it’s what we called “trade secrets”. I will just suggest new ideas about marketing to satisfy my current employer and I will explain to him/her that it is an unethical thing if I share it to him/her. And it’s my responsibility as an employee to keep confidential information in whatever company where I work and I will explain to her/him that sooner or someday, the same thing I will do if I will work to another company, that I will keep every information confidential to their company.



3.       You have been asked to lead your company’s new competitive, intelligence organization. What would you do to ensure that members of the new organization obey applicable law and the company’s own ethical policies?
Answer:
                To ensure that they obeys applicable law and ethical policies, there should be penalties for every disobeyed policies and the penalties will be based on what kind of policy they disobeyed. There should be penalties because if there’s isn’t, the develop policies of the company will be useless. Some will follow and some will not.
               

4.       You are the vice president for software development at a small, private firm. Sales of your firm’s products have been strong, but you recently detected a patent infringement by one of your larger competitors. Your in-house legal staff has identified three options: 1) ignore the infringement out of fear that your larger competitor will file numerous countersuits: (2) threaten to file suit, but try to negotiate an out-of-court settlement for an amount of money.
Answer:

                In that case, I’ll choose option no. 2. To solve the problem, I should try to negotiate with them since we are the true owner and I’ll try to threaten them of filing them a case for patent infringement rather than ignoring the problem then it go to the point that they will us a case for patent infringement where in the first place, we have the original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment